Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Super Bowl Countdown

It's that time of year when our thoughts turn to the NFL Championship game known the world over as the Super Bowl. Those who know me well know that I am a Minnesota Vikings fan, so suffice it to say I don't really have a dog in the upcoming Battle Royale. But I'll be watching the big game all the same. So let me know who you're cheering for. I'm still at a loss as to whether I'll be cheering for our division rival Green Bay Packers or the AFC's Pittsburg Steelers. I think I'm leaning towards Green Bay, but maybe my readers can convince me to change my mind.

The road to the Super Bowl is wrought with trials and tribulations and either team have experienced both on their respective journeys. We're now only 5 days away and the anticipation of this matchup has got everyone gathering around the watercooler discussing Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger. Regardless of your personal pick, I wish you and your team the best of luck this Sunday.

I am not the biggest sports fan in the world, so I'm not going to recite a bunch of stats and standings, I'm just hoping to see a great game. Some of the best moments of watching the Super Bowl with friends and family all gathered for food and fun are the sometimes hilarious and always memorable Super Bowl commercials and the half-time entertainment. It seems that the "extras" of the game have somehow begun to overshadow the gridiron competition itself. What are some your your fondest Super Bowl memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment