Monday, January 31, 2011

January is a Wrap

As January comes to a close, I'd like to take a moment to thank my readers for their comments and kind words. I know that I've crammed a lot into this month's blog postings, because I wanted to kickstart the new year with the most useful information to get your year off to the best possible start. We covered goal setting in order to properly plot your course towards your dreams. I also got into Glenn Beck's E4 Solution for Restoring American Exceptionalism along with his book The 7: Seven Wonders That Will Change Your Life. I briefly touched on journaling and finally described the best way to get ahead in life. It may have seemed like a lot of preaching, but I honestly feel that having this information as early on in the year arms you with the most important keys to make the most amount of progress this year. If you missed any of these posts, I encourage you to go back to the blog archives and check them out. I think you'll find some gems there, even if it appears that I've merely glossed over the subject matter. It's always good to review these time tested rules of the road.

Speaking of roads, this week takes us on the road to the Super Bowl, so I'll be lightening up a bit and getting into more exciting posts about things that are going on around us in the here and now. If you're a football fan and got a chance to watch the Pro Bowl this past weekend, you already know that the NFC once again beat the AFC with an impressive 55-41 victory. I realize that this is pretty much an exhibition type of match, but it's good to have the NFL back in Honolulu for this event. We really missed them when they took the Pro Bowl to Miami last year and I really wish that they'd come back to Honolulu for good, but I guess that all still remains to be seen.

Can anyone tell me why they've decided to place the Pro Bowl between the Playoffs and the Super Bowl? To me it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'd think that one of the biggest draws of the Pro Bowl is seeing some of the Super Bowl atheletes on the field, but when it comes before the Super Bowl, there are two whole teams of superstars who won't be represented in the Pro Bowl because they'ye preparing themselves for the Championship game the following week. I'm so confused as to why the NFL thinks this was a good idea. So I'm asking for any of my readers to explain the NFL's rationale so at least I can try to understand what their thinking might be. And while you're at it, explain why they want to take it away from Hawaii where it has been a tradition for over 30 years.

Let's see how many responses I get by posing open questions in my blog post. If I don't get the answers I'm seeking, then perhaps I won't be asking questions in my future blogs. I'm just looking to see how I might make the blog more interactive for my readers. Feel free to chime in with your own opinions on the matter and maybe the discussion will add an additional layer of flavor to an otherwise lackluster post. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment