Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You CAN Do It

Yesterday I talked about getting ahead and I got some flack from a lot of folks that told me that it sounds good, but, "It isn't really possible based on what I'm currently bringing home." There's too much month leftover when the money runs out. There's a reason that so many Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. They're simply working harder and harder and having less and less to show for it. Well, today my post is going to be fairly short and sweet. I'm going to tell you this, "You CAN Do It."

There are two ways that you can have more money to pay down your debt and increase your savings. It's just a matter of cutting back on expenditures and increasing your income. I'm a much bigger fan of the latter, as I really don't like living in a mindset of scarcity and restriction. But let's face it. Many people are working more than one job to make ends meet or perhaps they're on a fixed income. So they can't see asking for a raise or simply can't get a raise for whatever reason. So, they simply have to cut down on spending. Part of the reduction in spending will come as a direct result of paying off your debt. Debt doesn't come cheap, it's very very expensive.

In addition to a reduction in spending, you want to increase the amount of money you have coming in. You might be able to ask your boss for a raise, but in today's economy, who has the guts to do that? But there is another way that you can give yourself a raise. You can take on a second job or better yet, you can start a home based business of your own. Again, I favor the latter over the former in this category as well. Because with any job, you actually have to trade time for money, and many of us simply don't have any time leftover to take on that second job. Or maybe you're already working at two or more jobs. I'm going to show you what I'm talking about in more detail in the next couple of days.

I'm going to dedicate tomorrow's post to cost cutting and reducing the expenditures that we all have in our lives. I think you'll be surprised how much money you can trim out of your spending with some small relatively painless sacrifices. Then on Friday, I'm going to show you how to increase your income by starting your own business. Most part-time jobs that you might take on to increase your income don't tend to pay all that much anyway, so why not put your time and energy into something that you're really passionate about as opposed to taking on that trading time for money proposition called a job? I think you might enjoy Friday's post more than Thursday's, but I'll let you be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment