Friday, December 31, 2010

Change is a Good Thing

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer says in his book The Power of Intention that, "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." And I am in 100% agreement with this line of thinking. But it isn't just a clever way of rearranging some old worn out phrase about changing our thought patterns in order to achieve different results. It's actually born out of quantum physics, where it is absolutely true that the behavior of matter actually changes depending on whether or not the observer is present. The mere act of observing something from a certain perspective (belief system intact), changes the way that the things being observed behave in space and time. I know this stuff is a little trippy for New Years Eve, so I'll try to reign it back in a little bit. The bottom line is that when you believe that something is true, the universe bends over backward to make that something a reality, and if you can change that belief system, then the universe changes accordingly.

I use a lot of quotes and reading material references when I write this blog because they tend to reinforce the points I'm trying to make and it lends credibilty to what I say if I can find someone who is famous for being a lot smarter than I am saying the same thing or something very similar. I also think it helps if I can share some of the books, DVDs, Audio-Books, Podcasts and Articles that I found to be invaluable in realizing my own dreams. There is absolutely no reason to re-invent the wheel and write down original thoughts when someone else has already said it perfectly and probably 100 times mores eloquently than I can say it. But I digress. The topic today is change and I need to get back to the that.

One of the best ways to bring about change in our own lives is through the use of affirmations. A lot of people might think that this is a bunch of baloney, but it has now been scientifically proven to be successful by Neuro-Linguistic-Programming experts. Affirmations work because our mind is subject to the power of suggestion. And when things are repeated over time, then they become fully fused into our thinking. Louise L. Hay provides these affirmations for change in her book You Can Heal Your Life:

I am willing to change!

I am willing to release my
old patterns and negative beliefs.
The Power that created me
has given me the power
to create my new life.
I choose positive,
fulfilling new thoughts.
Beginning now,
right here,
right now!


If you truly desire that things change for you. Then you have to be the agent of that change. If you don't change the way you think and behave then I have to be honest with you; your life is not going to change very dramatically for you. In order to bring about positive change, simply repeat the affirmation to yourself in the mirror each day in the morning and in the evening before you go to sleep. You can do it more often if you really need massive change (wink). I promise, if you do this for the next 40 days and 40 nights, you will see massive changes taking place in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment